The Monson Community Garden
- About the Monson Community Garden
- Established 2011, just in time for the tornado and Snowtober. Founder, and guide through its formative years, was David Ramsey. Parking is at 33 Ely Rd, Monson MA.
- News and Announcements
- All plots are fenced and lots of beautiful crops are in place and thriving. Have a great summer!
- Application Form
- All plots are now taken for the 2016 season. For reference, this was the application form for the 2016 season, to be downloaded and printed (if you didn't get a copy in the mail), then filled out, signed and mailed with a check.
- Information and General Guidelines
- These are the rules you're agreeing to follow when you sign your application, revised for 2016.
- Plot Assignment Map
- A hand-drawn map by another resident artist, Dave Ramsey. Note that North is down, so you're looking at the garden as if you were standing at the parking lot.
- Final Cleanout Oct 15–16: Please have your plot cultivator-ready by the end of the weekend. If you have plants with tough stems or vines, please remove them since they will tangle the tines. If you have raised beds, please try to level them a bit since the cultivator can only do so much.
Facilities and Equipment
- We're lucky; not every community garden has this. There are, of course, alternatives once your crops are tall enough.
- Irrigation System
- Again, we're lucky. For one, we have water on tap. For two, we deliver that water directly to the garden, with a faucet at the corner of every four plots.
- Storage Shed
- We have a lockable shed filled with gardening tools. Every gardener gets a key for the season.
- A 4-cycle Mantis tiller is in the shed for everyone's use. Lessons are available from Dave or other fellow gardeners. Easy to operate and a huge help in preparing your beds as well as weeding your paths.
- We now own a vintage Ingersoll tractor with attachments for mowing, cultivating, rolling and spreading. Volunteers are always welcome at the start and close of the season!
- Have extra stuff to share? We'll announce it here!
- Photos, artwork, albums. Please contribute your own, in whatever format you can, and we'll make it work.
- Instructions for anything garden-related. Please contribute yours!
- Please contribute your own, in whatever format you can (paper is fine, too).
About this website
- It started with an email announcement, which mostly still applies. Comments and contributed content welcome.
Contact Ted Ruegsegger with comments, questions, contributions: