The Monson Community Garden
The website for the Monson Community Garden is moving; this site will remain available until the transition is complete. The new website can be found at
- About the Monson Community Garden
- Established 2011, just in time for the tornado and Snowtober. Founder, and guide through its formative years, was David Ramsey. Parking is at 33 Ely Rd, Monson MA.
- News and Announcements
- Website is moving. Fellow gardener Lucy Shrenker will be taking over as webmaster and establishing a new website.
- Application Form
- Here, for reference, is the application form for the 2017 season, to be downloaded and printed, then filled out, signed and mailed with a check.
- Information and General Guidelines
- These are the rules you're agreeing to follow when you sign your application, revised for 2017.
- Plot Assignment Map
- This is the plot layout for 2017 as a hand-drawn map by Dave Ramsey. Note that North is down, so you're looking at the garden as if you were standing at the parking lot.
Upcoming events: Garden Cleanout Oct 7–9, followed by a coupla days of roto-tilling, cover-crop sowing and generally prepping the Garden for winter.
Facilities and Equipment
- We're lucky; not every community garden has this. There are, of course, alternatives once your crops are tall enough.
- Irrigation System
- Again, we're lucky. For one, we have water on tap. For two, we deliver that water directly to the garden, with a faucet at the corner of every four plots.
- Storage Shed
- We have a lockable shed filled with gardening tools. Every gardener gets a key for the season.
- A 4-cycle Mantis tiller is in the shed for everyone's use. Lessons are available from Dave or other fellow gardeners. Easy to operate and a huge help in preparing your beds as well as weeding your paths.
- We now own a vintage Ingersoll tractor with attachments for mowing, cultivating, rolling and spreading. Volunteers are always welcome at the start and close of the season!
- Have extra stuff to share? We'll announce it here!
- Photos, artwork, albums. Please contribute your own, in whatever format you can, and we'll make it work.
- Instructions for anything garden-related. Please contribute yours!
- Please contribute your own, in whatever format you can (paper is fine, too).
About this website
- It started with an email announcement, which mostly still applies. Comments and contributed content welcome.
Contact Ted Ruegsegger with comments, questions, contributions: